Here we are. 3 months into my cloth diapering journey and still going strong. I honestly never thought we would make it this far, I had hoped we would but honestly assumed we would give up. It took a lot of time to do the research and learn what works best for us. We have spent a good amount of money on diapers that just didn’t end up being what we were looking for. Currently we use pre-folds and diaper covers. We LOVE them. OsoCozy makes super absorbent pre-folds and the price point didn’t break the bank. As far as diaper covers go we have many different brands from Blueberry, Bummis, Thirsties and Rumparooz. We have tried pocket diapers, and hybrid diapers but in the end the pre-folds were easier for us and with enough of them we are able to only do laundry every other day. We’ve been cloth diapering since Jules was about 2 weeks old. I honestly wish we started in the hospital but I was so obsessed with trying to breastfeed that I didn’t want to focus on the diapering at the time. Here are a few reasons why we love cloth diapering…
- Saves money in the long run. We do buy disposables for when we leave the house, or grandparents are babysitting. Carrying around cloth pre-folds and extra covers just proved to be more than our diaper bag could handle. Hopefully as he grows older and is using less diapers we will be able to kick disposables completely to the curb.
- No diaper rash. I am sure plenty of people have babies that never get diaper rash using disposables but I have sensitive skin so this was my way of preventing my son from experiencing that.
- Super absorbent. Using the cloth diapers we never have leaks, unless there is a user error. Diaper blow outs are at a minimum with the cloth diapers.
- They’re super cute! You can’t tell me seeing cute little designs all over your little ones bums isn’t just the cutest. I love that he can just have a teeny t-shirt and a diaper cover on and he looks absolutely adorable.
- Environmentally friendly. Cloth diapers aren’t creating issues as far as the trash goes.
- No Chemicals. I love knowing that there are no chemicals sitting against my sons skin as he sleeps at night. It just makes me feel comfortable with leaving a diaper on overnight.
Cloth diapering has come a long way since I was a baby and I am so glad I spent the time looking into it. We have saved a ton of money already and will continue to do so over the course of Jules diaper career. Anyone else using cloth diapers? Which brands do you love best? Drop a comment! I’m always looking out for new information!